Sweet, Smoky and Spicy Honey Mustard Slow Cooker Chicken Wings
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 10 servings
A finger-licking balance of sweet and tangy is essential to good honey mustard chicken wings, but we take our flavors a step further with the addition of spicy chili powder, savory garlic and onion, and smoked paprika in this slow cooker-friendly recipe.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Yellow Mustard Seed
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Smoked Ground Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Onion Powder
- 1 pinch Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1. Lay the chicken wings on a clean surface and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, bring the Dijon mustard and honey to a boil, stirring the mixture to prevent burning. Once the mustard and honey reach a boil, remove the pan from the heat and add the mustard seeds, garlic, chili, smoked paprika and onion powder. Whisk the spices into the honey mustard.
3. Pour the honey mustard mixture into a slow cooker. Add the chicken wings over the top. Gently toss the chicken with the honey mustard until the wings are evenly coated. Cook the chicken wings on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
4. (Optional) For a crispy glaze, remove the chicken wings from the slow cooker after the cooking time is complete. Place the wings (and remaining honey mustard from the slow cooker) on a large baking sheet. Turn the broiler on high. Cook the wings under the broiler for 3 minutes.
5. Serve the wings with celery sticks and homemade ranch dressing.