Sweet and Spicy Nut Mix
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
Update spiced nuts with the addicting combination of sweet maple syrup, warm cinnamon and nutmeg, and spicy cayenne in this gluten-free snack recipe.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- to 1/2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Ground Cayenne Chili Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cane Sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and cover a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, heat maple syrup, spices and sea salt until maple syrup is warm.
3. Combine the nuts in a bowl and pour the warm maple syrup over the nuts. Stir until the nuts are well coated.
4. Spread nuts on the baking tray in a single layer and bake for 12 minutes. Nuts should be browning slightly. Remove and let cool on the tray for 10 minutes.
5. While still slightly warm, toss nuts with sugar. Store in an airtight container for two to three days.
Note 1/4 teaspoon cayenne adds just a bit of kick to the spiced nuts. For nuts that are slightly spicier, use 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon.
Yields 4 cup of nuts.