- Total Time: 1 mins
- Hands-on Time: 1 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
Tabouli, or tabbouleh, is a traditional vegetarian Levantine dish often times served as an appetizer before the main dish. Seasoned with aromatic spices, mint leaves and lemon juice, this salad features hearty bulgur wheat for a filling, yet light meal.
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Parsley Leaf Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Granules
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Cilantro Leaf
- 1 pinch Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup bulgur wheat
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1. In medium mixing bowl combine bulgur and water. Let stand 1 hour, covered.
2. Add remaining ingredients to bulgur and stir to combine. Adjust seasoning and allow to sit in refrigerator overnight or several hours for flavors to mature.