Teriyaki Marinated Chicken with Grilled Pineapple
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
Grilled chicken gets special treatment with a teriyaki marinade and grilled pineapple in this tasty recipe.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Ginger Root
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 boneless chicken breast
- 4 1” to 1 1/2” thick spears of pineapple (about half a pineapple)
- 3-4 cups cooked brown rice, for serving
1. At least 8 hours before grilling or the night before, whisk together ingredients for the marinade. Place the chicken breast in a sealable bag or container, pour in the marinade, seal, and place in the refrigerator.
2. When ready to grill, heat grill to medium-high heat. Transfer the marinated chicken directly to the grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side until the internal temperature has reached 160˚. Remove from grill, cover with foil, and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
3. For the pineapple, place on the grill and cook on each side for 1 to 2 minutes, until lightly charred and tender. Remove from grill and chop into small pieces.
4. Serve chicken on a bed of brown rice and topped with grilled pineapple pieces.