Thai Chicken Flatbread with Cilantro Lime Crema
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
A Thai-inspired flatbread recipe made with curried chicken, mozzarella cheese, bell pepper, shredded carrot, red pepper flakes and cilantro lime crema for robust hot and refreshing flavor.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cumin Seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Coriander Seed
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Turmeric Root
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Ginger Root
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Paprika
- 3/8 teaspoons Frontier Coarse Sea Salt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Frontier Crushed Red Chili Peppers
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 pound pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 5 tablespoons fresh cilantro, divided (3 tablespoons whole, 2 tablespoons chopped) plus more for garnish
- 4 green onions, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. To prepare the curried chicken, in a small bowl, combine coconut milk, cumin, coriander, turmeric, ginger, paprika and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Whisk until well combined. Into a sealable container, place raw chicken strips and pour coconut milk marinade over top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
2. In a non-stick skillet over medium high heat, cook chicken and coconut milk marinade, stirring occasionally, for about 5 to 8 minutes, until cooked through but still tender. Transfer to a bowl and set aside until ready to use.
3. Preheat oven to 415 degrees. Roll out the prepared pizza dough to desired thickness and place on a pizza stone or baking sheet. Bake without toppings for 10 to 15 minutes, until the edges begin turning golden brown.
4. Onto crust, layer cheese, red bell pepper, carrot, red pepper flakes, 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro and green onions. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese turns golden brown and crust has reached desired crispness.
5. While the flatbread is baking, prepare the cilantro lime crema. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, lime zest, lime juice, 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro and remaining 1/8 teaspoons salt.
6. Allow flatbread to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Cut into pieces and serve with fresh cilantro, green onion, red pepper flakes and cilantro lime crema.