Thai Iced Tea with Cardamom
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
So refreshingly delicious, this homemade Thai iced tea, made by brewing loose leaf tea with star anise, cloves and organic cardamom, is perfect for a hot summer day.
- 3 tablespoons Frontier Organic Se Chung Special Oolong 1 lb
- 2 Frontier Select Grade Whole Star Anise 0.64 oz.
- 3 Frontier Organic Hand Select Whole Cloves 1.40 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Decorticated Cardamom Seed 2.68 oz.
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
1. Place tea in a wire mesh tea infusion ball. In a small pot over low heat, place infusion ball with water. Add star anise, cloves, cardamom seeds and sugar. Bring to a simmer and stir for about 3 minutes, then remove tea ball.
2. Continue stirring simmering spice mixture for about 5 more minutes, until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 2 hours. Strain mixture through a sieve.
3. To serve, fill glasses with ice and divide tea among them. Slowly drizzle coconut milk over top and serve immediately.