Tofu with Lemon Pineapple Sauce
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
This colorful sauce also works beautifully when spooned over broiled fish.
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Turmeric Root
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Thyme Leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Cilantro Leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Allspice Powder
- 3 teaspoons Frontier Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cups pineapple chunks (fresh or canned and drained)
- 1 tomato, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 pounds tofu
- 1/2 cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice the tofu. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and turmeric. Dip the tofu in the flour mixture and place on an oiled baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, about 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, sauté the onion in the butter in a large skillet until lightly browned. Add all of the remaining ingredients, including the remaining 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. Cook until warm throughout and flavors have melded, about 15 minutes.
4. Transfer the cooked tofu to a serving dish and spoon the pineapple sauce over the top.