Tomato and Celery Puree Soup
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 2 servings
Tomato and celery soup, pureed and richly flavored with celery, garlic and smoked paprika.
- 1/4 cup Frontier Organic Tomato Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Smoked Ground Paprika
- 3 teaspoons Frontier Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Flavored Broth Powder
- Frontier Smoked Ground Paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups + 1 1/8 cup water
- 3 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 3 teaspoons heavy cream
- Fresh parsley, for serving
- Shredded cheese, for garnish
- Olive oil, for garnish
1. In a stockpot over medium-low heat, heat olive oil. Add minced garlic and cook about 30 to 60 seconds, until fragrant. Stir in vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, tomato flakes, celery, salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
2. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
3. Transfer soup into a blender and puree until smooth. Through a sieve or cheesecloth, press soup back into pot. Stir in heavy cream and simmer until ready to serve.
4. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of smoked paprika, fresh parsley and shredded cheese.