Turmeric Chicken, Kale and Rice Bowl
- Total Time: 1 hours
- Hands-on Time: 30 mins
- Makes: 2 servings
This rice bowl packs the goodness of turmeric chicken, kale, garlic, chickpeas and avocado into one simple recipe!
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Ground Turmeric Root 1.41 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Smoked Ground Paprika 1.87 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Fine Sea Salt 7 oz.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large kale bunch, shredded
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced, for garnish
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, for garnish
1. In a medium pot, combine rice and water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for about 45 minutes, until rice is tender. Drain any excess water if needed.
2. While rice is cooking, heat a large pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and kale. Cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes, until kale has started to wilt. Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes or until kale has wilted and garlic is golden. Stir in chickpeas, then transfer to a bowl.
3. In another bowl, combine chicken, turmeric, smoked paprika and salt. Toss until well coated.
4. In the same pan in which the kale was cooked, add remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil and chicken. Cook, over low heat, for about 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken is done.
5. Slice chicken and assemble bowls with a layer of rice, then kale and chicken. Top with fresh avocado slices and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds.