Turmeric Roasted Turkey
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 7 servings
Complement the savory flavors of roasted turkey by coating it with a well-crafted mixture of earthy turmeric, smoked paprika, pungent garlic and bright lemon.
- 3 teaspoons Frontier Organic Ground Turmeric Root
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Smoked Ground Paprika
- 1 pinch Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 2 cups Frontier Low Sodium Vegetable Flavored Broth Powder
- 1 pinch Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 12-pound turkey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Lemon zest from 2 lemons
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place turkey breast side up on a roasting rack. Tuck wings under and remove anything inside the cavity of the turkey. Combine olive oil, turmeric, smoked paprika, sea salt, black pepper, minced garlic and lemon zest in a bowl to form a paste. Using your hands or a spoon, smear the turmeric mixture over the turkey.
2. Place the vegetable broth in the bottom of the roasting pan. Slice the lemons used for zest in half and place in the cavity of the turkey. Stick the meat thermometer to the thickest part of the turkey and place the turkey on the lowest rack in the oven.
3. Every 30 to 45 minutes, baste the turkey and after 1 1/2 hours, check the temperature of the turkey. If turkey is browning too fast, cover the top with tinfoil. Bake until the turkey reaches at least 165 degrees in all parts.
4. When turkey is done, remove the rack with the turkey from the roasting pan and set aside. Cover turkey with tinfoil and allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.