Turmeric Steak Rolls
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 30 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
Turmeric and lemon provide just the right touch for the marinade that sets this grilled steak apart — and the vegetables rolled in are a delicious bonus.
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Ground Turmeric Root
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Lemon Peel
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Ginger Root
- 1 pinch Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound good-quality flank steak
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium orange bell peppers
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch fresh cilantro, for topping
1. 45 to 60 minutes before grilling, combine ingredients for the marinade.
2. Take the steak and if it’s more than ½” thick, pound out into a rectangle that is roughly ½” thick and 12 inches wide by 8 to 10 inches high . Cut the steak into 4 strips that are about 3 to 4 inches wide.
3. Prepare the vegetables, including the green onions, by cutting each into thin matchsticks that are 4 inches long (or just slightly longer than the width of each steak piece). Place all in a bowl and toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil and a pinch of salt.
4. Working with one steak piece at a time with the short end towards you, place the vegetable mix on the end towards you and then roll the steak over the vegetables. Secure with a toothpick and repeat with the remaining three pieces of steak.
5. Brush the steaks with the marinade, cover, and let sit while the grill heats to medium heat.
6. Once the grill is hot, transfer the steaks and grill for approximately 2 minutes per side. This produces a nice medium steak but can be grilled for less or more time depending on the desired doneness of the steak by checking the internal temperature. Allow steaks to rest for 5 minutes and serve with a sprinkle of cilantro.