Tuscan Bean Soup
Experience the flavor nuances of Tuscany in this soup that's packed with vegetables and cannellini beans, then well spiced with lemon powder, red pepper flakes, bay leaf, thyme, rosemary and more.
- 4 teaspoons Frontier Organic No-Chicken Broth Powder
- 4 tablespoons Frontier Organic Vegetable Soup Blend
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Tomato Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Lemon Peel Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Crushed Red Chili Peppers
- 1 Frontier Organic Bay Leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Thyme Leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Rosemary Leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Celery Leaf Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Frontier Organic Parsley Leaf Flakes
- 3/4 tablespoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sitfed Sweet Basil Leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder
1. In a medium saucepan, combine 3 1/2 cups water and chicken broth powder. As the liquid heats, whisk until smooth.
2. Once simmering, add lemon powder, dried vegetable soup blend, tomato flakes and red pepper flakes, if desired. Gently simmer for about five minutes until dehydrated vegetables begin to re-hydrate and become plump.
3. Add remaining spices, bay leaf and beans and turn heat to low. Cook 5 to 10 minutes, until spices are open and aromatic and beans are cooked through.
4. Remove bay leaf and garnish with optional toppings.
5. Serve hot with fresh, warm bread, if desired.