Vanilla Bean-Infused Cacao Nib Hot Chocolate
Here is a recipe for the most fully realized hot chocolate imaginable. Cacao nibs render the buttery richness and pungent bitterness associated with hot drinking chocolate, while both Dutch and black cocoa powders deliver the familiar rounded mellowness of traditional hot cocoa to create an especially full-flavored yet balanced hot chocolate that is the best of all versions.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Black Cocoa Powder (processed with akali)
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cacao Nibs
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cocoa Powder (processed with akali)
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cane Sugar
- 1 Frontier Organic Whole Vanilla Bean
- 1 cup whole milk
1. Crush cacao nibs in mortar and pestle.
2. Mince vanilla bean.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring milk, crushed cacao nibs, minced vanilla bean and cocoa powders to a simmer, stirring frequently.
4. Add sugar and whisk vigorously until frothy.
5. Strain with tea strainer into mug and serve.