Vanilla Cream Pie
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
A cool, refreshing treat that's perfect for any occasion
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cane Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cane Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Frontier Organic Cornstarch
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 6 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In an 8-inch pie pan, stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg until uniformly mixed. Add melted butter. Use a fork to evenly combine, then press into pan to form crust. Bake for about 10 minutes.
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine milk and egg yolks. Add sugar and cornstarch, and stir until dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
2. Once mixture begins to boil, cook and stir for another minute.
3. Remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla. Stir until butter is melted. Pour into prepared crust. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.