Vegan Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Pies
- Makes: 8 servings
Make peanut butter pie even more blissful with this no-bake, vegan recipe featuring Frontier Fair Trade Certified™ organic mace, nutmeg and cocoa powder.
- 1 pinch Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 3 teaspoons Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Non-Alkalized Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Mace
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 6 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened applesauce
- 6 teaspoons firm silken tofu
- 4 teaspoons chunky peanut butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Measure the flour and cocoa into a medium bowl, and whisk together with the salt. In a separate bowl, stir together the melted coconut oil, applesauce and vanilla.
2. Lightly grease the inside of eight mini-muffin tin cups with coconut oil.
3. Meanwhile, in a food processor, mix together the tofu, peanut butter and spices until smooth (this can be done by hand, but it takes quite a while to make the tofu smooth). Remove the muffin cups from the freezer, and gently remove the dough cups using a sharp knife. Place each cup on a small square of parchment on a plate. Fill each with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the peanut butter mixture. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.