Vegan Spicy Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 5 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
Dairy-free and less indulgent than what smothers traditional nachos, this spicy vegan cheese sauce is just as creamy and addictive.
- 1/4 cup Frontier Nutritional Yeast Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Yellow Mustard Seed
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon non-dairy margarine
- 1 teaspoon sweet rice flour or all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened, non-flavored almond milk
1. In a saucepan, melt the margarine over medium-low heat. Whisk in the rice flour and cook for 1 minute. Next, add in nutritional yeast and 1/4 cup of the milk. Whisk until the mixture is smooth.
2. Pour in remaining 1/2 cup milk and add the spice. Continue to whisk and cook over medium-low heat until the cheese sauce has thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
3. To make nachos, drizzle over a bowl of tortilla chips and add your favorite toppings such as black beans, diced tomatoes, avocado, salsa, cilantro, bell pepper and onions.