Vegetable Rice Paella
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Hands-on Time: 5 mins
Paella, an authentic Valencian rice dish that often features chicken, chorizo, clams and lobster, holds an important place of honor in Spanish homes. Although this vegetable paella doesn't feature meat, it's still loaded with wholesome, savory flavor that will delight any palate.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Saffron 1 gram
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Ginger Root 1.50 oz.
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium pepper, diced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
Boil broccoli in a 2 quart sauce pan for 4 minutes, drain.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, sauté peppers, zucchini, and onion for 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients, including broccoli, cook for 5 more minutes, stirring frequently until hot.