Vindaloo Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 6 servings
This Indian-inspired dish combines two trendy roasting ingredients — cauliflower and chickpeas — with our very own Vindaloo Curry Seasoning. But the spices don't end there. We also added a dressing with mustard seeds, pepper, cayenne, cinnamon and the unique fenugreek. Kapow!
- 2 tablespoons Frontier Organic Vindaloo Curry Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Yellow Mustard Seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cayenne Chili Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Fenugreek Seed
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1 orange, purple or white cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 tablespoons ghee, melted
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
For the Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Toss cauliflower and chickpeas with Vindaloo curry powder and melted ghee in a large bowl.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange cauliflower and chick peas in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
4. Roast for 15 minutes, then use oven mitts to shake the pan and rotate the cauliflower and chick peas. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and roast an additional 10 minutes, or until cauliflower is browned and tender.
For the Dressing
1. While the cauliflower and chickpeas are roasting, grind the mustard seeds, vinegar, pepper, cinnamon, cayenne, fenugreek , olive oil, and salt in the bowl of a food processor until it forms a smooth dressing. Just before taking the pan out of the oven, pour in the melted ghee and pulse to combine.
2. Toss the hot cauliflower and chickpeas in the dressing and serve warm.