Wheat-free Double Berry Muffins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 16 servings
Jam packed with frozen berries and organic applesauce, these wheat-free muffins are a full-flavor treat for breastfast, snack or dessert.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Baking Soda Powder
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Decorticated Cardamom Seed Powder
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup organic applesauce
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup quick rolled oats
- 1 cup barley flour
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease or spray muffin tin.
Mix dry ingredients. In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, mix all liquid ingredients, including applesauce. Add liquid to dry, mixing until barely mixed; do not over mix. Add cranberries, raspberries and walnuts. Again, barely mix.
Spoon into muffin tin, filling about 3/4 full. Bake for about 25 minutes. Cool before serving.