Zucchini Fritters with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
These zucchini fritters dressed in a roasted red pepper sauce make a great quick meal. The key to making great fritters is to squeeze out as much liquid as you can from the zucchini and not to flip the fritters too soon.
- 3/4 teaspoon Frontier Fine Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cumin Seed
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Oregano Leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Smoked Ground Paprika
- 1 pound zucchini, grated
- 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg white
- 2 to 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
1. In a colander, combine zucchini and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Toss until well combined, then let rest for 10 minutes.
2. Squeeze as much liquid as you can from the zucchini, then place in mixing bowl with flour, egg white, garlic granules, cumin and oregano. Toss until well combined, then set aside.
3. In a large non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Working in batches, spoon roughly 2 tablespoons bater into pan and press down slightly to form a patty. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until edges start to turn golden brown, then flip and fry for another 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer fritter to a paper-towel-lined plate.
4. In a blender, combine roasted red pepper, cilantro, yogurt, lime juice, smoked paprika and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Puree until mostly smooth. Serve fritters hot with a generous drizzle of sauce, then sprinkle with fresh cilantro.