Crystallized Ginger Ale
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Hands-on Time: 5 mins
Spicy-sweet crystalized ginger brings a fresh flavor to this simple ginger ale. Steep with fresh rosemary or garnish with mint leaves for added herbal notes.
- 1 1/4 cups Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cane Sugar 5 lb.
- 1 cup Frontier Select Crystallized Ginger Cubes 1 lb
- 4 cups water
1. Combine water and ginger.
2. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, cover and let sit for 1 hour.
3. Turn off heat, stir in sugar and let steep until cool, about 1 1/2 hours.
4. Strain liquid through a fine mesh sieve, then through one or more coffee filters into a clean, sterile jar. Store concentrated extract in refrigerator for up to three months.
To mix Use a 16 ratio of concentrate to sparkling water. Adjust the ratio for more or less sweetness according to your personal dietary preferences and desired taste.
Add 1 sprig fresh rosemary at Step 3.
Serve chilled with fresh mint leaves (pictured in photographs).