Grilled Turmeric Saffron Chicken Kebabs
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 8 kebabs servings
Flavorful grilled chicken kebabs made with an easy turmeric/saffron yogurt marinade and fresh summer vegetables.
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Ground Turmeric Root 1.41 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Coarse Sea Salt 5 lb.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Saffron Threads 0.5 g
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 large red onion
- 2 medium red peppers
- 3 dozen grape or cherry tomatoes
- pinch salt
- Quinoa, for serving
- Fresh parsley, for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving
1. Prep the chicken a few hours ahead of time by cutting the chicken into 1-inch pieces. Place diced chicken in a bag or sealable container along with the yogurt, turmeric and salt. Combine saffron with the hot water and let sit for five minutes. Add to the chicken, seal bag/container and toss until the chicken is well coated with yogurt and spices.
2. When ready to cook, light grill to medium.
3. Meanwhile, cut the onion and pepper into 1- to 2-inch pieces. Thread the chicken and vegetables onto skewers, using gloves to avoid staining.
4. Place the kebabs on the grill and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are charred.
5. Serve the kebabs over quinoa and sprinkle with fresh parsley and lemon before serving.