Indian Bhuna Masala Chicken Wings
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 6 to 8 servings
A lighter take on traditional fried wings- these wings are baked in a rich and spicy tomato paste and served with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Ground Cumin Seed 1.76 oz.
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Ground Ginger Root 1.50 oz.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Chili Powder 1.94 oz.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Turmeric Root 1.41 oz.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Coriander Seed 1.66 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Coarse Sea Salt 5 lb.
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- Cilantro, for serving
1. Place wings in a large bowl, separating the drumettes and wings if needed.
2. Add the olive oil, minced onion, tomato paste and spices to the bowl. Stir and toss until the wings are well coated. Let sit while heating oven to 400 degrees.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside. Spread the chicken wings into a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake the wings until crisp and cooked through, about 45 to 50 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve.
If you cannot find wings already separated, you can buy the wings that are still together. If you do this, remove the tip and separate the drummette from the wing.