Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 4 to 6 servings
This summer Mexican grilled street sweet corn salad with chili powder is perfect as a vegetarian lunch or dinner side dish.
- 1 tablespoon Frontier Organic Ground Cayenne Chili Pepper 1.70 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Coarse Sea Salt 5 lb.
- pinch Frontier Ground Cayenne Chili Pepper 1.76 oz.
- 4 ears sweet corn, husks removed and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed (if using canned)
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup feta or cotija cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- Lime juice, for serving
1. Heat grill or grill pan. Cut sweet corn in half and place in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together the mayo, sour cream, chili powder, salt and cayenne. Spoon into the bowl of corn and stir/toss until the corn is well coated with mixture.
3. Transfer corn to the heated grill. Cook, turning occasionally, until the corn is lightly charred on all sides (about 8 to 10 minutes). Remove from the grill and let cool.
4. Place the cooked quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, cheese and cilantro in a bowl. Carefully remove the kernels from the cooled ear of corn by placing one end on the cutting board and slicing down between the kernels and the cob.
5. Place the corn in the bowl and toss until everything is well combined. Squeeze fresh lime juice and dash with salt before serving.
The corn can be grilled 24 hours ahead of time.