Radish, Egg and Split Pea Crostini
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 1 dozen crostini servings
Fresh, spring split pea crostini topped with hardboiled egg wedges and a fresh radish relish.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder 2.33 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Coarse Sea Salt 5 lb.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Smoked Ground Paprika 1.87 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper 1.80 oz.
- 1 cup uncooked split green peas
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 bunch cherry radishes, tops removed and diced
- 1/4 cup scallions, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small baguette, cut into ½-inch slices
- 3 hardboiled eggs
1. In a medium pot, combine split green peas with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 to 40 minutes, until peas begin to fall apart. Add more water as needed to finish cooking.
2. In a food processor, combine cooked split peas with lemon juice, olive oil, garlic powder, salt and smoked paprika. Puree until mixture is smooth, adding a tablespoon or two of water as needed.
3. While split peas are cooking, make the radish relish. In a small bowl, combine radishes and scallions.
4. Add olive oil, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Toss to coat the radish and set aside.
5. Turn on the broiler for your oven. Place baguette slices on a sheet tray and brush with olive oil. Place under the broiler and cook for 60 to 90 seconds, until lightly brown. Keep a close eye on the baguette slices.
6. To assemble, spread a tablespoon or two of the pea mixture on each baguette slice. Top with a quarter of the hardboiled egg, a spoonful of the radish mixture and a sprinkle of parsley to finish.