Triple Berry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 8 small side salads servings
Poppy seeds add a slightly nutty and satisfying crunch to this creamy, sweet and tangy homemade dressing. Pour this easy dressing over top this light and refreshing salad featuring berries, avocado, almonds and red onion for the perfect combo.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Yellow Mustard Seed 1.80 oz.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Coarse Sea Salt 5 lb.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Poppy Seed 2.40 oz.
- 2/3 cup canola oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon red onion, diced
- 8 cups greens (spring mix/baby spinach/baby arugula/mache rosettes)
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raw, slivered almonds
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced (about 6 strawberries)
- 1/2 cup blackberries or blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 firm avocado, cut into chunks
1. Place oil, vinegar, sugar, 1 teaspoon red onion, mustard seed and salt in a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Add 1 teaspoon poppy seeds and pulse briefly to incorporate. If your dressing is not looking white/creamy simply add more oil and sugar (1 tablespoon at a time each).
2. To assemble your salad, layer greens in bowls and top with 1 cup sliced red onions, almonds, sliced strawberries, blackberries or blueberries, raspberries and avocado.
3. Drizzle the homemade poppy seed dressing over the salad (about 1/2 cup total).
4. Serve and enjoy.
*Note This recipe makes about 1 cup of dressing. Store leftover dressing in a glass airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. Shake salad dressing well or whisk before serving.