- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 unbaked 8-inch deep-dish pie shell
- freshly whipped cream for topping
Perfectly Spiced Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin pie may be an expected dessert after your holiday meal, but the sublime flavor of this sensational natural version will catch your guests by surprise.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Combine spices and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir in eggs, then spice mixture. Stir in cream.
Pour into pie shell and bake for 15 minutes. Turn oven down to 350 degrees and bake until center is set, about 90 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Serve topped with whipped cream.
Hot Drinks for the Holidays
Given their impact, warm beverages are extraordinarily easy to prepare. And if you take a moment to add a few spices, you'll create drinks that are especially festive and delicious.
The dessert recipes we’ve chosen meet the requirements for holiday hospitality. They're festive, a bit extravagant (or so they seem), and extraordinarily delicious.