- 1 1/2 cups sliced chestnuts
- 2/3 cup shelled pecans
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon light or dark brown sugar
Here's a delicious blend of spices, nuts and seeds sure to delight all!
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
Toast nuts and seeds in a dry sauté pan; set aside.
Mix all spice mix ingredients together in a large bowl; set aside.
Bring water, butter and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Pour over nuts and seeds, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until almost all liquid has evaporated. Transfer nuts and seeds to the spice mixture bowl and toss to coat.
Spread on parchment paper to cool.
Try other add-ins such as raisins, peanuts, or pretzels. Experiment and make the mix your own.
Hot Drinks for the Holidays
Given their impact, warm beverages are extraordinarily easy to prepare. And if you take a moment to add a few spices, you'll create drinks that are especially festive and delicious.
The dessert recipes we’ve chosen meet the requirements for holiday hospitality. They're festive, a bit extravagant (or so they seem), and extraordinarily delicious.