Apple-Dapple Coffee Cake
1 1/2 cups unbleached white all-purpose flour or equal parts unbleached white and whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons Frontier Organic Baking Powder
3 tablespoons Frontier Organic Cane Sugar
6 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup milk
3 large apples, sliced
4 tablespoons Frontier Maple Syrup Granules
or Frontier Organic Cane Sugar
1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and sugar.
3. Cut 4 tablespoons butter into flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg and milk, stir just to mix (do not over mix), and turn into greased 9x9-inch pan.
4. Top with sliced apples and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
5. Sprinkle maple granules and cinnamon over the apples.
6. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until topping is golden and crisp.