Berbere Alfredo with Shrimp and Spinach
6 ounces tri-color rotini, cooked
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Frontier Berbere Seasoning
1 cup half and half cream
1/2 pound cooked shrimp, peeled
4 ounces chopped spinach, frozen
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare the pasta as directed on package.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and Berbere Seasoning and whisk together. Let cook for about 10 seconds, carefully whisking the product around the pan to make sure it doesn’t burn.
3. Add half and half and whisk together, making sure to get the butter and flour mixture off the bottom of the pan. Keep whisking until butter and flour mixture is fully combined with the cream.
4. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the shrimp, spinach and Parmesan cheese. Let simmer about 10 minutes, or until desired thickness is reached.
5. Stir in noodles. Serve hot.
Add ½ cup exotic mushrooms or ¼ cup finely chopped red onion or shallots to the butter and sauté for about 3 minutes. Then make according to the rest of the directions above.
Substitute chicken, beef, tofu, or your favorite meat for the shrimp. Just be sure to pre-cook before adding to the cream sauce.
Dish could be served cold as well.
An organic blend of warm, lively spices is a key ingredient in many Ethiopian dishes, especially lentil stews. It's also popular as a rub on chicken and lamb.
Complete product information, including description, product ingredients and price.
More Delicious Recipes
As prepared, each serving contains 360 calories, 13g total fat, 150mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 38g total carbohydrate and 24g protein.