While breaded with a spicy cornmeal batter, there's nothing corny about this delicious white fish filet. It makes a great meal any day of the week.
1 1/2 pounds white fish filets
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 package Simply Organic Gumbo Base Seasoning Mix
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Rinse fish and pat dry. Set aside.
2. Place flour in a flat, shallow pan or on a plate.
3. Combine egg and water in another flat, shallow pan.
4. Combine cornmeal and Gumbo Base Seasoning Mix in a third flat, shallow pan.
5. Lightly coat each filet in flour. Then dredge in egg mixture, followed by seasoned cornmeal mixture.
6. Heat oil in a large skillet. Fry each filet until golden brown, flipping only once to minimize breakage. If filets are thick, you may choose to bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes after browning in a skillet.
To help mitigate any strong fish flavor, marinade fish filets in milk before breading.
Serve on a baguette with our Spicy Aioli Spread
, lettuce, and tomato.
More Delicious Recipes
As prepared, each serving contains 320 calories, 17g total fat, 95mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 20g total carbohydrate and 20g protein.