Cranberry Almond Biscotti
Biscotti are crunchy, twice-baked, oval cookies. Compared to store-bought biscotti, these are more tender and not overly sweet. Plus, when you make your own, you can hand-select ingredients.
3/4 cup finely chopped almonds
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup Frontier Cane Sugar
1 teaspoon Frontier Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Frontier Sea Salt
4 organic large eggs
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Almond Extract
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
1 tablespoon Frontier Organic Lemon Peel
2 tablespoons organic buttermilk
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Orange Flavor
3/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Toast almonds in single layer on baking sheet, tossing once or twice, for 5 to 10 minutes. Cool.
2. Grease a clean baking sheet or line it with parchment paper. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Using a second bowl, beat eggs with almond extract, vanilla extract, lemon peel, buttermilk and orange flavor. Stir egg mixture into dry mixture until nearly incorporated; stir in almonds and dried cranberries until sticky dough forms.
3. Dump dough onto floured surface. Divide it in half and shape it into two smooth 2-inch-thick logs. Place the logs four inches apart on baking sheet. Bake in top half of oven until golden, 30 to 35 minutes.
4. Remove from oven; reduce temperature to 300 degrees. After logs have cooled 10 minutes, use a serrated knife to cut them on the diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Lay the slices on the baking sheet and continue to bake them, turning each biscotti halfway through baking, until crisp but not darkened, about 20 minutes.
5. Transfer biscotti to racks; cool thoroughly. Store in an airtight container.
For a sweeter treat, drizzle with icing.
Serve with warm mug of Simply Organic Mulled Cider
Pure orange flavor for brightening smoothies and other beverages and desserts.
Complete product information, including description, product ingredients and price.
More Delicious Recipes
As prepared, each serving contains 180 calories, 3g total fat, 40mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 32g total carbohydrate and 4g protein.