Frangipani Yogurt Pear Cake
4 medium, firm ripe pears, cored, sliced (peeled if desired)
1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Almond Extract
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup Frontier Organic Cane Sugar
1/4 cup honey
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups flour
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
1 teaspoon Frontier Sea Salt
2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Baking Soda
1/4 cup slivered or chopped tasted almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 10-cup bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a small bowl, combine pears and almond extract.
4. In a large bowl, combine yogurt, sugar, honey, and eggs until blended.
5. Whisk together flour, 1/2 cup almonds, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
6. Mix dry ingredients into egg mixture, just until blended.
7. Sprinkle 1/4 cup almonds in baking pan, spread 1/3 of batter in pan, top with half of pears, then repeat layers, ending with batter.
8. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Cool on rack for 10 minutes, turn out and cool completely.
As prepared, each serving contains 170 calories, 4g total fat, 55mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 30g total carbohydrate and 5g protein.