Harissa Focaccia Bread
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cane Sugar
1 cup lukewarm water
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Frontier Sea Salt
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Frontier Harissa Seasoning
2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1. In a medium bowl, mix yeast, sugar and water. Let sit about 10 minutes, or until milky.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt and 1 tablespoon Harissa Seasoning. Create a well in the middle of the mixture.
3. Once the yeast mixture is ready, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and yeast mixture into the well. When dough has pull together, place in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon olive oil, and slightly knead into the dough (about 1 to 2 minutes). Cover dough with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place for at least 20 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
5. When dough is ready, knead for about a minute, and then place on a greased baking sheet. Pat into a ½-inch thick circle. Brush with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon Harissa Seasoning and cheeses. Pat down the cheese.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Serve with your favorite deli meats and cheese for a delicious treat!
Harissa is a Tunisian hot chili sauce made from chili peppers, olive oil and spices. It's commonly served in North Africa, often with appetizers.
Complete product information, including description, product ingredients and price.
More Delicious Recipes
As prepared, each serving contains 110 calories, 3g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 17g total carbohydrate and 4g protein.