Healthier Spinach and Artichoke Dip
5 ounces fresh spinach
1 can (14-ounces) quartered artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon Frontier Sea Salt
1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Nutmeg
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and spray a small casserole dish with non-stick spray.
2. Remove stems and roughly chop spinach.
3. In a large skillet, place spinach with 1 tablespoon of water. Cook, folding frequently, until all spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes. Drain and let cool.
4. In a large bowl, combine spinach, artichokes, lemon juice and olive oil.
5. In another bowl, combine cayenne, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, sea salt, nutmeg, black pepper and garlic granules until uniform. Add to bowl with spinach.
6. Stir spinach mixture to combine, and then spread evenly into the greased casserole dish. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until dip is golden and bubbly.
Serve with bread or crackers.
Toss dip with cooked pasta or use to top chicken.
As prepared, each serving contains 25 calories, 0.5g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 3g total carbohydrate and 2g protein.