Italian Herb & Cheese Bubble Loaf
Delicious Italian flavor makes this bread a delight.
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon Frontier Sea Salt
1 package (2 1/2 ounces) active dry yeast
1 cup warm water (120 to 130 degrees)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup shredded Italian cheese (mozzarella, provolone, Romano, Asiago, Parmesan)
4 tablespoons butter
1 package Simply Organic Italian Herb Spaghetti Sauce Mix
1. Combine flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in food processor or mixer. With food processor running, add water and oil. Process until mixture forms dough that leaves side of bowl. If dough is too dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons water. If dough is too wet, add 1 to 2 tablespoons additional flour until dough leaves side of bowl. Dough will be sticky.
2. Place dough in a large, greased bowl. Turn dough over so that top is greased. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place about 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
3. Punch down dough. Knead cheese into dough on lightly floured surface until evenly distributed. Cover with towel, let rest 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, grease 1 1/2 quart casserole dish or 8 1/2x4 1/2-inch loaf pan. Set aside. Place butter in small microwave dish and microwave for about 30 seconds, or until mostly melted.
5. Roll out dough into 12x6-inch rectangle with lightly floured rolling pin. Brush with butter. Sprinkle with half of the seasoning mix. Flip dough over, brush with butter and sprinkle with remaining seasoning mix. Cut dough into 1-inch squares with pizza cutter. Shape each square into a ball. Place in prepared pan.
6. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place about 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
7. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and loaf sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack 30 minutes. Serve warm.
8. Store leftover bread in the refrigerator.
To save time and energy, use a thawed 1-pound loaf of bread dough in place of making your own dough.
Serve with our recipe for Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
Italian Herb Spaghetti Sauce Mix
Italian Herb Spaghetti Sauce Mix brings robust Italian flavor to your pasta – buon appetito.
Complete product information, including description, product ingredients and price.
More Delicious Recipes
As prepared, each serving contains 180 calories, 7g total fat, 15mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 24g total carbohydrate and 5g protein.