Regal Chocolate Cake
Chocolate layer cake-an excellent Valentine's Day treat! For a simple yet elegant finish, top with a single red rose.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups Frontier Organic Cane Sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
2 1/4 cups sifted flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon Frontier Sea Salt
2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar together thoroughly. Add beaten eggs.
3. In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together.
4. Combine milk and vanilla in a small bowl.
5. Alternately add milk mixture and sifted dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Beat for two minutes. Add melted chocolate and blend until evenly distributed.
6. Pour into two greased 9-inch cake pans. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
As prepared, each serving contains 220 calories, 10g total fat, 45mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 32g total carbohydrate and 4g protein.