Roasted Chicken with Dried Cherries, Capers and Chilies
1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Paprika
1/4 teaspoon Frontier Sea Salt
1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Black Pepper
4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
2 tablespoons extra-vigin olive oil
1 small red onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups Frontier No-Chicken Broth Powder
1/2 cup dried cherries
2 tablespoons capers
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cumin
1 Frontier Organic Cinnamon Stick
, broken in half
1 to 2 hot chile peppers, seeded and diced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine the paprika, salt, and black pepper. Place the chicken in a large shallow roasting pan. Brush with 1 tablespoon of the oil and sprinkle with the paprika mix.
3. Roast for 45 minutes, or until thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 180 degrees and the juices run clear.
4. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the broth, cherries, capers, honey, cumin, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the cherries are plump and the sauce has thickened. Stir in the chile peppers.
5. When the chicken is cooked, for extra flavor, if desired, drain off the pan juices and stir them into the cherry sauce. Remove and discard the cinnamon stick before serving.
6. Place the chicken on a serving platter and top with the sauce.
If in a hurry, choose boneless chicken breast and reduce roasting time to 25 minutes.
As prepared, each serving contains 150 calories, 4.5g total fat, 35mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 13g total carbohydrate and 15g protein.