Spinach and Swiss Quiche
This breakfast classic is sure to be a crowd pleaser. The heat from the cayenne and sweetness from the pepper balance wonderfully with the spinach and eggs. This recipe is easy to prepare and is perfect for your next family brunch!
1 refrigerated pie pastry, single crust
1 package (10-ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup chopped green onions (use tops & bulbs)
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 whole eggs, slightly beaten
2 egg whites
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup 2% fat cottage cheese
1/2 cup low-fat shredded Swiss cheese
1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Paprika
1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cayenne
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Nutmeg
1 teaspoon Frontier Alder Smoked Salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Line a 9-inch pie pan with the pastry crust. Bake for 10 minutes, until slightly golden. Remove crust from oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
3. Cook the spinach per the package directions, then drain well.
4. In medium skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the green onions and red pepper and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
5. In a large mixing bowl, stir together eggs, egg whites, milk, cottage cheese, Swiss cheese, paprika, cayenne, black pepper, nutmeg and smoked salt until combined.
6. Evenly cover the pie crust with spinach and green onions and red pepper mixture. Then pour egg mixture over vegetables.
7. Bake quiche for 35 to 45 minutes, until mixture is set and top is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
For smokier flavor, substitute smoked paprika
for the regular paprika.
Alder Smoked Salt
Alder Smoked Salt gets its authentic flavor from being slowly smoked over true alderwood -- the traditional smoking wood of the Northwest -- not from artificial flavorings or oils. This all-natural smoking process adds a sweet, true smokehouse flavor. Alder smoked salt pairs well with any grilled foods, especially salmon, asparagus, pork, ribs and burgers.
Complete product information, including description, product ingredients and price.
More Delicious Recipes
As prepared, each serving contains 190 calories, 10g total fat, 55mg cholesterol, 570mg sodium, 17g total carbohydrate and 9g protein.