Thai Summer Rolls
1 8-ounce boneless pork chop
1 1/2 teaspoons Frontier Thai Seasoning
1 large carrot
2 green onion
1/2 mango, firm but ripe
1/2 cup fresh spinach
16 fresh mint leaves
4 ounces rice noodles
8 8-inch rice paper rounds
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees, and spray a small baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. Coat ½ pork chop with ½ teaspoon Thai seasoning, then place in baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake in the oven for 25 to 35 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Remove from oven and let sit, covered, until chop reaches room temperature. Using a serrated knife, cut the pork into 1½-inch long, thin matchstick-sized strips.
3. Peel and core the cucumber. Cut the cucumber into 1½-inch long, thin matchstick-sized strips. Peel the carrot, and use a vegetable peeler to get thin 1½-inch long strips of carrot. Thinly cut the green onion into 1½-inch long, thin matchstick-sized strips. Peel and remove the core of the mango. Use the vegetable peeler to get thin, 1½-inch long matchstick-sized strips of mango. Remove stems from spinach leaves and mint leaves.
4. In a small stockpot, cook the rice noodles according to directions until tender. Drain with a fine mesh strainer and toss in 1 teaspoon Thai seasoning. Cool to room temperature.
5. Fill a large stockpot ½ full with water. Bring to a boil, and then remove from heat until barely cool enough to touch.
6. To assemble, quickly spin a rice paper wrap in the hot water until pliable (not tacky, but so it doesn't fall apart). Place on a large plate. At about ½ inch from one edge of the rice paper, layer 3 spinach leaves on the wet wrap. Then place 2 mint leaves on the spinach. Add a large pinch of noodles, 2 to 3 green onion strips, 4 to 5 cucumber strips, 4 to 5 carrot strips, 3 to 4 pork strips and 3 to 4 mango strips on top of the mint.
7. To roll, fold the rice paper wrap from the edge closest to filling completely around the vegetables and meat. Roll tightly about halfway, fold in the sides and finish rolling all the way. Place seam down on a plate, covering plate with a damp paper towel. Repeat assembly for the other 7 rolls.
Pair with our Thai Peanut Dip
Add the flavors of exotic Thailand to your next seafood, soup, rice or noodle dishes with this robust, salt-free blend
Complete product information, including description, product ingredients and price.
More Delicious Recipes
As prepared, each serving contains 310 calories, 4.5g total fat, 40mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 50g total carbohydrate and 17g protein.