Vanilla Cream Pie
A cool, refreshing treat that's perfect for any occasion
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons Frontier Organic Cane Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Nutmeg
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 cups 2% milk
2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
1/2 cup Frontier Organic Cane Sugar
1/4 cup Frontier Organic Cornstarch
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In an 8-inch pie pan, stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg until uniformly mixed. Add melted butter. Use a fork to evenly combine, then press into pan to form crust. Bake for about 10 minutes.
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine milk and egg yolks. Add sugar and cornstarch, and stir until dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
2. Once mixture begins to boil, cook and stir for another minute.
3. Remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla. Stir until butter is melted. Pour into prepared crust. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Garnish with whipped cream and fresh berries.
For extra vanilla flavor, add an additional 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
For Coconut Cream Pie: Add 1 cup flaked coconut after adding butter and vanilla. (For extra coconut flavor, add 1/4 teaspoon coconut flavor.)
For Banana Cream Pie: Add 1 to 2 sliced bananas after adding butter and vanilla. (For extra banana flavor, add 1/4 teaspoon banana flavor.)
Its extra-sweet flavor and subtle floral notes make this vanilla extract great for desserts and sauces.
Complete product information, including description, product ingredients and price.
More Delicious Recipes
As prepared, each serving contains 340 calories, 18g total fat, 105mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 41g total carbohydrate and g protein.