Spicy White Bean Hummus
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 2 servings
We were ready to jump out of our hummus comfort zone, so we tried this white bean hummus spiced up with cumin, cayenne and smoked paprika!
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cumin Seed 1.76 oz.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Smoked Ground Paprika 1.87 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Fine Sea Salt 7 oz.
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cayenne Chili Pepper 1.70 oz.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and liquid reserved
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Olive oil, for topping
- Minced red onion, for topping
- Fresh parsley, for topping
1. In a food processor, pulse garlic clove until broken into small pieces.
2. Add beans, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and cayenne. Blend until desired consistency is achieved, adding reserved bean liquid for a smooth, creamy texture if desired. Taste and add more cumin, smoked paprika and/or cayenne if desired.
3. Spoon hummus into a serving dish and drizzle with olive oil, then top with minced onion, parsley and a sprinkle of smoked paprika and cayenne.