Sweet Orange Baked Salmon
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
By topping baked salmon with hummus rather than a sauce, this recipe creates a simple, artful dish that you can have on the table in plenty of time for a weeknight dinner.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Original Seafood Seasoning
- 1/3 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Crushed Red Chili Peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Tellicherry Black Peppercorns with Grinder
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 3 cups fresh mixed salad greens
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 4 teaspoons plain hummus
- 4 salmon fillets (4-6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 large orange
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve. Drain and transfer to a medium pot with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer until water is absorbed, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside for 5 minutes. Remove cover and fluff with a fork.
3. Using a knife, spread 1 tablespoon hummus onto the top of each salmon fillet, covering the entire surface. Drizzle olive oil and orange juice over salmon, then season with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, chili powder, paprika and Seafood Seasoning. Place salmon, skin side down, on a non-stick baking sheet.
4. Bake for 10 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa with cilantro, red bell pepper, fresh orange zest, pumpkin seeds, crushed red pepper, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
6. Remove salmon from oven; serve warm over mixed greens with a side of cilantro quinoa.