Vegan Tuna Salad
- Total Time: 1 hours 20 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 5 servings
The texture and brininess of the artichokes and the seafood flavor of dulse flakes (a sea vegetable) combine to be just as delicious as real tuna salad — without any fake, processed substitutes. Enjoy it on a sandwich, in a lettuce wrap, or as a dip!
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Original Seafood Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Dill Weed
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Atlantic Ocean Coast Dulse Leaf Flakes
- 1/4 cup yellow onion
- 1 can (15-ounces) organic garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 can (15-ounces) artichoke hearts, drained but not rinsed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
1. In a food processor, pulse onion and celery until very finely chopped.
2. Add garbanzo beans and artichoke hearts and pulse just until vegetables are combined. You’ll want a “chunky,” tuna-like texture.
3. Transfer processed mixture to a large bowl and stir in Seafood Seasoning, dill, lemon juice and vegan mayonnaise. Add dulse flakes if desired.
4. Chill for one hour and serve.