Cardamom Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
Indulge yourself with something both sweet and healthful. These delicate, tasty pancakes make a great special-occasion breakfast or brunch dish.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Decorticated Cardamom Seed Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Cream of Tartar
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup flour
- 8 teaspoons honey
- 3 egg whites
1. Heat lightly oiled griddle or skillet.
2. Mix together cottage cheese, egg yolks, flour, honey, cardamom, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites and the cream of tartar until stiff (but not dry). Gently fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture.
4. Drop batter onto griddle or skillet and cook until lightly browned on both sides. (Turn just once, so they stay light and fluffy.)