Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Muffins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 30 mins
- Makes: 12 servings
Sweet and tart make the perfect couple in this unique whole grain muffin recipe. Whip up a batch for breakfast and serve warm with a pat of honey butter.
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Orange Peel Granules
- 1/4 cup Frontier Cranberry Freeze-Dried Powder
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Baking Soda Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 cup rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons melted butter
- 4 teaspoons honey
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the milk and lemon juice and let it sit for one minute. Add in the orange juice, rolled oats, cranberry powder, and the orange peel. Stir to combine. Allow the mixture to sit for at least 30 minutes so the oats can absorb the liquid.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, honey and melted butter until combined. Stir into the oat mixture. Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until incorporated thoroughly.
4. Scoop the batter into the muffin liners using a large baking scoop. Fill 2/3 full. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the centers are set. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.