- Total Time: 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 24 servings
Ginger adds zing to this traditional namesake cookie. Bake a batch when you want your home filled with its warm fragrance.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Baking Soda Powder
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Ground Ginger Root
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cloves
- dashes Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cane Sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. In another bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Beat in molasses and egg. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and blend. Form into a ball and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes or more.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Shape heaping tablespoons of dough into balls, and place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten with a drinking glass that has been dipped in sugar. Bake until bottoms are lightly browned, about 10 to 12 minutes.