Maple Cranberry Almond Scones
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 11 servings
Scones can be served for breakfast or eaten as snacks or desserts. They can be filled with fruits, cheeses or other savories, making them a deliciously filling dish. In this recipe, maple syrup, sliced almonds and tart cranberries take the stage, giving each crumbly bite a sweet well-rounded flavor.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Almond Extract
- 1/3 cup Frontier Organic Maple Syrup Granules
- 2 cups flour (best if half whole wheat/whole grain)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Make a well in the middle and add oil, maple syrup, water, vanilla and almond extracts. Stir until just blended (about 30 seconds). Fold in cranberries and almonds.
3. Drop by large spoonfuls onto cookie sheet sprayed with oil (shape with hands). Bake for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with additional maple syrup. Return to oven for another 3 to 5 minutes, until lightly browned on top.