Sautéed Jerk Salmon
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Hands-on Time: 5 mins
- Makes: 10 servings
Caribbean 'jerk' spices bring unique and exciting flavors to this salmon dish. Using a blend of spices, this well-seasoned fish is seared and then grilled to crispy perfection. Serve salmon immediately with lime wedges for a citrusy flavor boost.
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Frontier Crushed Red Chili Peppers
- 2 Frontier Organic Bay Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Thyme Leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Allspice Powder
- 1 pinch Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 onions, minced
- 3 green onions, minced
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 4 10-ounce salmon steaks, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 fresh lime wedges
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Combine next 9 ingredients in small bowl and sauté in heated pan until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
2. Remove from pan and cool slightly. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same frying pan over medium-high heat. Spread seasoning mixture on both sides of salmon steaks. Sear first side of fish in heated pan until nicely browned, about 2 minutes. Repeat with second side of fish.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Continue to cook until almost cooked through, approximately 5 minutes. Serve immediately with lime wedges.