Scrumptious Cardamom Skillet Bread
- Makes: 16 servings
Cardamom is a warm, enticing addition to old-fashioned skillet bread.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Baking Soda Powder
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Frontier Organic Ground Decorticated Cardamom Seed
- 1/2 cup Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified™ Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 3 cups flour
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Spread olive oil in 12-inch cast iron skillet, bottom and sides. Warm skillet in preheating oven while preparing batter. Pour milk into a large bowl and stir in vinegar.
In a small bowl, whip the melted butter and sugar together. Add sugar/butter to milk/vinegar, then add vanilla extract.
In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients, including the cardamom. Fold blended dry ingredients into the combined liquid ingredients. Mix until just moist and spread into skillet.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
Serve warm with butter.